Getting started - I have my first enquiry, what do I do next?
IMPORTANT: ABOVE ANYTHING ELSE YOU HAVE A DUTY OF CARE TO MAKE SURE THAT THE CHILDREN USING YOUR EQUIPMENT AND THOSE AROUND WHO COULD BE AFFECTED ARE KEPT SAFE.
So, you have your business name, your website set up, a beautiful Airquee Online inflatable ready to use, customerenquiries coming in...How do you actually do the hiring?!
Your first enquiry! Here are some useful questions you can ask so you are more prepared:
- Is the inflatable being used indoors or outdoors?
- If indoors is there enough height inside the building? Make sure there’s no risk of enthusiastic children hitting the ceiling!
- Customer name and address.
- Contact details - Try and get a land line as well as mobile number.
- How long do they want to hire the inflatable for?
- Is the inflatable being setup on a hard surface?
- If it is refer to the operation manual for the correct procedures.
- What size is the area where the inflatable is to be setup, and is it large enough to operate the inflatable safely?
- Is there restricted access?
- If yes then you may need to reroll the inflatable to make the packed unit it taller and thinner, so it’s easier to manoeuvre.
- Will you need to go through the customers’ house?
- If so, check to make sure that the access is clear and that any floor coverings are protected.
Tell the customer that you will require 1 form of photo ID (drivers licence, passport etc) and a recent utility bill. This is to prove that they are who they say they are and that they are living at the address you are delivering to.
If a customer is booking in advance then try and get them to pay a deposit or better still get full payment. If there is no time for them to send a deposit then it’s best to ask them to pay cash on delivery.
If you’re leaving an inflatable on hire overnight it can be worth asking for a higher deposit as there is a higher potential risk of damage or theft to your inflatable.
Make sure the customer knows who will be collecting the inflatable and approximately when. This could stop a potential thief stealing your inflatable.
Inspect your castles on delivery and collection and make sure all accessories are there. It’s worth also noting any marks or damage on the hire contract.